We welcome all merchants all to apply. In order to participate as a supporting Open Studios Merchant, the merchant will have an established business plan of operation to support the local artist. Support will be described to include, but not be limited to, art work displays, artist merchandise for sale, distribution of printed materials, special showings and public open receptions.
Open Studio Tour locations will include studios within our Location Boundaries: All of Altadena, and the areas of Pasadena between the 210 Fwy. on the West and South, and Altadena Dr. on the East. You don’t need to reside in the location boundaries to be eligible. We are limiting the number of artists for June’s Tour, and will no longer offer a full-scale Dec. Open Studio Tours.
The Altadena Chamber of Commerce recognized the Open Studios Tour as Business of the Year 2016. Open Studios also received recognition from the LA County Board of Supervisors, La County Sheriffs Department, The LA County Sheriffs Department Support Group, The Altadena Town Council, The California Legislature, The United States Congresswoman and The California State Senate, for our “dedicated serve to the affairs of the community and for the civic pride demonstrated by numerous contributions for the benefit all the citizens”. Open Studios is gaining recognition, improving, and growing with each event. Come join us!
• An inclusion of ¼ page promotional photo advertisement of your Merchant Location and profile in our 7”x11” Tour Guidebook and Artists Catalog. ***
• Inclusion of Merchant location on the Open Studios published maps.
• Inclusion of Merchant information and logo on our website.
• Inclusion in our Social Media campaign, including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
• Media and print campaign exposure. Our print campaign includes the professionally designed 7”x11” Tour Guidebook and Artists Catalog, brochures, posters, and postcards. We also advertise in the Pasadena Weekly, which has a 30,000 issue circulation.
• Community outreach campaign, including booths at Guild Show and Home Tour.
• Opening Gala and month long Preview Exhibit at the historic Altadena Library.
• Our SEO (Search Engine Optimization) efforts have acquired us a #1 ranking on Google search results for the past 4 tours.
$25.00 Non-refundable Application Fee.
$75.00 Entry Fee if selected.
*** The $100 merchant fee can be applied to a larger merchant advertisement. The merchant will be responsible for correct artwork. The choice of the larger advertisement will replace the ¼ page advertisement offer. The larger advertisement fee must be paid prior to print production deadline of April 17th, 2017.
• Attendance is required at least 2 All-Artists Meetings, or a representative may attend.
• No early closures, as tour visitors will be negatively impacted. (If an emergency forces closure, please notify the Artists Liaison, Nina Ehlig, at (626) 840-7733, so visitors can be informed.)
• If you are hosting an Open Studio, limit the exhibition to your own work and the work of other Open Studio participating artists. There is a maximum of 6 artists per location, including host. We are encouraging grouping up, so that no one is left alone unless desired.
If you would like another artist/artists to show at your location, they must apply by the deadline, and be approved by the jury.
• 15 Volunteer hours are required unless an additional $50 fee is paid. Meeting attendance counts toward hours. See below for more info.
• A location visit by the organizers may be required prior to approval, to ensure a safe environment for our visitors. Photos may be taken at the time for publicity, and any photos supplied by you can be used for publicity as well.
(Meetings will be held at Loma Alta Park, 3330 North Lincoln Ave. Altadena, CA 91001, unless otherwise notified via email prior to date.)
• March 26, 2017. 11am-1pm. Volunteer Placement Opportunities.
• April 23, 2017. 11am-1pm. This meeting will focus on placing artists with locations, so if you need assistance, or would like to host other artists, please attend. Other pertinent matters will be discussed as well.
• May 21, 2017. 11am-1pm. All printed materials and signage will be distributed, plus further instructions, tips, and more will be covered.
• Fill out our online form, which will open another tab or window. Click on the submit button after filling out the application, and check the box for an email copy of your responses. This is your proof of application.
• Return to this page to pay the $25.00 processing fee via PayPal, OR mail check to: Open Studios, 2591 Fair Oaks Ave, #215 Altadena, CA 91001.
CONTACT INFORMATION: (If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the following parties.)
General Inquiries – Mary Gothard, Chairperson. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Print/Web Inquiries – Leah Knecht, Communications. Email: email@example.com
Selection Committee – Nina Ehlig, Development. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about Form – Leah Knecht, Communications. Email: email@example.com
For a complete list of Open Studios members, visit the About page.
For any problems with the form, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org